- Review the existing HFMAP.
- Review the rules and regulations promulgated by the Government of Bangladesh (GoB) since 2003.
- Review the present sanctuaries and marine fishing bans.
- Review the ban periods for Jatka, brood Hilsa and other major fishes in the rivers of coastal region.
- Review the current use of gears and identify the harmful gears in addition to the existing identified one.
- Review the co-management interventions and its success for replications in the sanctuaries areas.
- Compare and contrast the on-farm & non-farm livelihood opportunities for fishers & identify the sustainable alternative livelihood options.
- Complete the draft 'Strategic Action Plan for Hilsa Conservation and Management in Bangladesh' for revision of the Director General, Department of Fisheries, the Director
- General, Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute (BFRI) and the Team Leader, ECOFISH-Bangladesh by September, 2017.
- Assist WorldFish in formulation of a small advisory committee covering all stakeholders to support the drafting process.
- Arrange stakeholder workshop at the end of the draft to share and build consensus among the key stakeholders
- Significant experience in Fisheries management with coastal and marine background.
- Proven track record of consultancy with good reporting ability.
- Conversant with government’s rules and regulations.
- Excellent skills of writing scientific articles focusing on the Hilsa fishery and its management
- Understating the international and national Governmental rules, regulations, and policies on coastal and marine fisheries management.
- For highly deserving candidates with significant working experience on the related filed, educational requirement will be relaxed.
- A positive and can-do attitude towards tasks beyond the job description
As per company policy.
WorldFishis an international, non-profitable research institute that harnesses the potential of fisheries and aquaculture to reduce hunger and poverty. Globally, more than one billion people obtain most of their animal protein from fish and approximately 800 million depend on fisheries and aquaculture for their livelihoods.
Position is open for Bangladeshi nationals (NRS). We offer competitive remuneration package, a non-discriminatory policy and provide an innovative work environment. Interested applicants are invited to submit your application through www.bdjobs.com latest by 21 May 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Category: NGO/Social Develop Category
Position Level: Mid
Employment Type:Full Time Job
Country : Bangladesh
District : Dhaka
- Dhaka, Bangladesh (with extensive field visits within project districts)
Published: 16 May 2017 | Deadline: 21 May 2017
Age: Not Mentioned
Experience Required: N/A