German Red Cross
- In coordination with BDRCS counterpart and under the supervision of the Project Delegate / Senior Representative, the SPO should ensure and maintain effective communication and liaison with project related counterparts and other relevant stakeholders;
- Support the Project Delegate / Senior Representative in the planning, designing, budgeting of project activities, being directly responsible for the overall implementation and management of the project;
- Monitor and supervise technical interventions to ensure implementation according agreed standards and within budget and take appropriate remedial action if/when standards are not being met;
- Responsible for the supervision of Project Officers, Technical Officers, and Project Driver, supporting the administration and capacitation of the project staff throughout the project life span;
- Ensure the buy-in and participation of local authorities/structures, community members and beneficiaries;
- In collaboration with the M&E Officer, develop and implement mechanisms to monitor and evaluate project performance, according work plans and project targets;
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports as needed and submit to Project Delegate / Senior Representative;
- Effectively participate in coordination meetings, clusters and working groups as directed by the Project Delegate / Senior Representative.
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with GRC and donor policies and procedures;
Specific duties and responsibilities in coordination matters:
- Provide regular updates to Project Delegate / Senior Representative and point out actions to be taken;
- Ensure regular and effective coordination with BDRCS and regularly participate in coordination/cluster meeting;
- Ensure effective communication with stakeholders, partners, local communities and beneficiaries on technical and project issues;
- Maintain open and regular coordination and communication with the involved BDRCS Departments, Unit level officers of project location and other organizations in the field;
- Coordinate efficiently with the Finance and Admin Officer and all field/support staff to ensure consistency of quality delivery across the identified responsibilities;
- Any other job that might deemed necessary by the management;
- Master/Bachelor degree in Social Science, Development Planning, Disaster Management, Business Administration/ Logistics or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a related field;
- Knowledge of budgeting, budget oversight, accounting principles and practical application of financial systems, experience in administrative and logistic work;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft software products: Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Sound interpersonal and organizational skill;
- Demonstrated leadership skill;
- Fluent in Bangla and English;
- High level of attention to details in all aspects of work responsibilities;
- Training and presentation skill;
- Report writing skill;
- Ability to priority multiple task and meet deadlines;
- Good knowledge of the RC/RC principles, Code of Conduct, Humanitarian standards (e.g. SPHERE, RBA, HAP);
- Works well under stress;
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and also to contribute as part of a team;
- Willingness and ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability;
- Ability to get on well with a wide variety of people;
- Excellent team player and gender sensitive;
- Integrity and high standards of personal conduct;
- As per company policy.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (The Federation) is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. The Federation has been working with Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) for more than 30 years and also with other Participating National Societies in humanitarian fields mainly disaster response and management, cyclone preparedness, disaster relief, recovery & rehabilitation, Health, community based disaster preparedness, risk reduction and mitigation, etc.
The German Red Cross is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflict, disaster and people affected by social or health-related crisis. The German Red Cross intervenes in disaster response and rehabilitation, health, social and environmental as well as capacity building projects in cooperation with international sister organisations within the movement. German Red Cross (GRC) is working in Bangladesh under the integration agreement with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Bangladesh Delegation. German Red Cross of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Bangladesh Delegation is searching for an experienced “Senior Project Officer” (male/female) for their Dhaka office. The duration of the contract is planning for one year with possible extension starting from as soon as possible.
Interested applicants should submit their current resume (mentioning expected salary) and a cover letter (justifying why you are suitable for the position) to '“The Senior Representative, German Red Cross Office Dhaka, 684-686, Bara Mogh Bazar, Dhaka-1217, Bangladesh' or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 15th September, 2017 at 17.00 hours. Incomplete application will not be considered.
Category: Commercial/Supply Chain Category
Position Level: Senior
Employment Type:Full Time Job
Country : Bangladesh
District : Dhaka
German Red Cross Office Dhaka, 684-686, Bara Mogh Bazar, Dhaka-1217, Bangladesh'
Published: 09 Sep 2017 | Deadline: 15 Sep 2017
Age: Not Mentioned
Experience Required: N/A