- To oversee the method of collection and ensure data accuracy for all information collected from project participants by respective Community Enumerators
- To facilitate and conduct relevant training for all Community Enumerators including frequent coaching and mentoring support
- To coordinate with SMS (Subject Matter Specialist) fisheries and other relevant staffs of the to get information on fisheries management related activities in the sample water-bodies
- To disburse monthly salary and field expenses from respective Community Enumerator;
- To verify data sheet, data encoded, data entry, data checking and primary analysis.
- To prepare data tables; and
- To prepare short monthly report issues and events of the assigned water-bodies.
This job is open to Bangladesh nationals with the following skills and qualifications:
- 3 years or more experience in relevant activities could be flexible in case of higher education;
- Able to work with minimum supervision, setting priority of work, meeting deadlines, solving problems and making timely and appropriate decisions;
- Able to work hard and have motivation for frequent field visit with motorbike;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Strong in essential computer software/packages for database management and data analysis, prepare presentation;
- Demonstrate WorldFish values.
- Master’s degree in Aquaculture/Fisheries or related subjects;
- Experience in private sector, NGO, aquaculture and fisheries development field;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to both in works, assists team, and manage different event;
- Committed and motivated;
- Should have valid motorbike driving license.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with annual salary ranging between BDT 384, 000 - BDT 420, 000 per annum.
This position will be based at WorldFish’s respective Project area in Sunamganj/ Kishoreganj, Bangladesh with extensive field visit. Interviews are expected to be held in this month or the following month of November. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified and expected to attend the interview.
The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible for an initial 1 year(s) Short term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding situation.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience is valued. We support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission. We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and nationals from developing countries to apply.
WorldFish is an international, nonprofit research organization that harnesses the potential of fisheries and aquaculture to strengthen livelihoods and improve food and nutrition security. Globally, more than 1 billion people obtain most of their animal protein from fish and 800 million depend on fisheries and aquaculture for their livelihoods. WorldFish is a member of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information through www.bdjobs.com latest by 13 October 2017:
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
Category: Commercial/Supply Chain Category
Position Level: Mid
Employment Type:Full Time Job
Country : Bangladesh
District : Dhaka
Published: 07 Oct 2017 | Deadline: 13 Oct 2017
Age: Not Mentioned
Experience Required: 3 - 0 Years