German Red Cross
- Responsible for financial management and reporting as per partners (BDRCS, GRC, IFRC) and donors standards;
- Support the planning, management and implementation of project activities, working closely with BDRCS and IFRC counterparts and to comply with its policies and procedures;
- Secure the implementation of accounting software (FundsPro) and ensure booking with timely submission of monthly reports;
- Secure and strengthen the financial management, including funds request, cash flow, banking, vouchering, reporting;
- Assist to finalise monthly, interim and annual reports to donors as needed;
- Safeguard and ensure adherence to financial procedures and regulations;
- Provide training and coaching for support staff, local counterparts and Delegates;
- Cooperate with external and internal auditors;
- Fulfilment of additional duties as required;
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with RCRC and donor policies and procedures;
Specific duties and responsibilities in coordination matters:
- Coordinate and provide regular updates to its Supervisor / Project Delegate and point out necessary actions to be taken;
- Ensure regular and effective coordination with BDRCS, IFRC and other partners as required.
- Maintain open and regular coordination and communication with the involved BDRCS Departments, Unit level officers of project location and other organizations in the field;
- Master/Bachelor degree in degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration and/ or related field
- Through knowledge of budgeting, budget oversight, generally accepted accounting principles and practical application of financial systems
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a related field;
- Works well under stress;
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and also to contribute as part of a team;
- Willingness and ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability;
- Ability to get on well with a wide variety of people;
- Excellent team player and gender sensitive;
- Integrity and high standards of personal conduct;
Skill & Knowledge:
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft software products: Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Sound interpersonal and organizational skill;
- Demonstrated leadership skill;
- Fluent in Bangla and English;
- High level of attention to details in all aspects of work responsibilities;
- Training and presentation skill;
- Report writing skill;
- Ability to priority multiple task and meet deadlines;
- Good knowledge of the RC/RC principles, Code of Conduct, Humanitarian standards (e.g. SPHERE, RBA, HAP);
As per policy.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (The Federation) is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. The Federation has been working with Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) for more than 30 years and also with other Participating National Societies in humanitarian fields mainly disaster response and management, cyclone preparedness, disaster relief, recovery & rehabilitation, Health, community based disaster preparedness, risk reduction and mitigation, etc.
The German Red Cross is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflict, disaster and people affected by social or health-related crisis. The German Red Cross intervenes in disaster response and rehabilitation, health, social and environmental as well as capacity building projects in cooperation with international sister organisations within the movement. German Red Cross (GRC) is working in Bangladesh under the integration agreement with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Bangladesh Delegation. German Red Cross of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Bangladesh Delegation is searching for an experienced “Project Officer- Finance” (male/female) for their Cox’s office. The duration of the contract is planning for one year with possible extension starting from as soon as possible.
Interested applicants should submit their current resume (mentioning expected salary) and a cover letter (justifying why you are suitable for the position) to 'The Senior Representative, German Red Cross Office Dhaka, 684-686, Bara Mogh Bazar, Dhaka-1217, Bangladesh' or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title 'Application for Project Officer - Finance' latest by 18th November, 2017 at 17.00 hours. Incomplete application will not be considered.
Category: Accounting/Finance Category
Position Level: Mid
Employment Type:Full Time Job
Country : Bangladesh
District : Dhaka
German Red Cross Office Dhaka, 684-686, Bara Mogh Bazar, Dhaka-1217,
Published: 09 Nov 2017 | Deadline: 18 Nov 2017
Age: Not Mentioned
Experience Required: 5 - 0 Years