International Organization for Migration.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager/Pillar Head and overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HSO) in Cox’s Bazar and in coordination with the relevant unit the incumbent will assist the concern programme unit for implementation of the programme.
The candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Responsible in conducting field audit, assessment and field reports on zoning demarcations, infrastructure projects, road rehabilitation / drainage, hazard mitigation, slope protection, and building construction activities under constant coordination with project engineer;
- Provide general assistance in the implementation of project on site and to support in delivering the quality outcomes as guided by project document and project implementation plan;
- Ensure effective monitoring and track achievements as per the project implementation plan, work plan and operationalised linked to project documents.
- Ensure to collect necessary deliverable assigned to construction contractors including project reporting, monitoring and evaluating progress – daily, weekly, and monthly;
- Able to perform on site quality control / quality assurance inspections, resolve construction related matters with vendors and construction contractors;
- Able to duty travel to multiple site refugee settlements upon immediate notice by direct supervisor; Undertake measurement of the site works in support of vendor payment requests;
- Inspects work in progress to ensure conformity to specifications and requirements, approve construction materials, testing of materials as per industry codes, standards and procedures, and provides technical advices to resolve problems;
- Anticipate and resolve problems encountered in the field to eliminate costly rework or retesting;
- Identify and effectively manage key risks in the project, including security risks, related to activities for which you are responsible in consultation with the project engineer;
- Complete purchase requests for all relevant project activities and ensure proper quotation from vendors and follow up on any finance/admin related paperwork related to the project;
- Take minutes of the meeting and keep track of those meetings for filing and reporting purposes;
- Remain responsible for the maintenance of project related equipment and database etc;
- Undertake duties delegated by the respective supervision, hold self-accountable in completion of assigned task and manage resources efficiently;
- Promote community participation and ownership through liaising with beneficiary communities, establishing, training and supporting community engagement and ensuring that activities are implemented to reflect coverage and prioritized needs;
- Identify and mitigate environmental hazards on site, including small scale interventions for road rehabilitation, upgrade drainage canals, slope protection, reinforcement of steps / handrails;
- Basic IT and communication skills and knowledge in operating GPS (global positioning systems) using mobile phone and or laptop (tablets) computer;
- Basic knowledge and skills in site planning for emergency response is an added advantage;
- Perform other duties as when assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum higher secondary education (HSC). Technical college and or vocational / trade school education is an advantage; or three years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in humanitarian emergencies;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise construction contractors; sub-contractors; and/or direct supervision of laborers at an operational level (site foreman functional responsibilities).
As per policy.
IOM is looking for a Field Support Staff according to the Terms of Reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by17.11.2017 at the latest, referring to the vacancy notice ref. code on the e-mail subject header.
Candidates with the required qualifications can apply through email by mentioning the reference code SVN-088/2017/S-BD1; Field Support Staff in the subject line to: DhakaJobs@iom.int; with the following documents:
- Application Letter/Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal History Form (PHF) which can be downloaded from the IOM Dhaka website: www.iom.org.bd
- Scan copy of Photo
Category: NGO/Social Develop Category
Position Level: Mid
Employment Type:Full Time Job
Country : Bangladesh
District : Cox's Bazar
Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Published: 12 Nov 2017 | Deadline: 17 Nov 2017
Age: Not Mentioned
Experience Required: N/A