International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
- Provide IM technical support to the sectors Health, Nutrition, WASH, CTP and Shelter.
- Enabling the flow of data from the field (via the IFRC Country Teams, CCST and National Society) to the Regional Office.
- Identifying gaps in data collection and work with IFRC Country and CCST to cover the gaps.
- Ensuring data quality; by improving data collection forms, training of staff, developing data-processing procedures, and other possible actions.
- Make data available to operation teams in the field and the Regional Office in a way to enable better data-driven decision making.
- Ensuring proper data protection policies are adhered to.
- Keep the various information dashboards up to date.
- When relevant engage in coordination / data sharing with other stakeholders in the region or country (OCHA, HDX, UNICEF, WHO, NGOs, WFP, etc.)
- Creating reports
- Utilising infographics to present data
- Relevant degree (minimum Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred) or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics
- Excellent professional communications skills, both verbal and written in both English
- Strong organizational skills, methodological and logical approach to tasks and problem solving
- Good presentation, facilitation and note-taking skills
- Ability to organize, analyse and synthesise large amounts of information
- Ability to manage complex and sensitive relationships with partner organisations
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Sound knowledge of data collecting tools (e.g. Kobo, ODK, Magpi), reporting tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau) and GIS software (QGIS)
- Working knowledge of statistics and sampling (preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of prior professional experience in the development and use of GIS, database systems, data visualisation and other information management tools and mechanisms
- Experience with editing software (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) (preferred)
- Experience in using mobile data collection tools, such as Kobo, for data gathering in the field
- Experience in working in an international environment, preferably with the United Nations or similar organisation
- Experience in networking and communicating with different stakeholders such as government, UN, NGOs and other organisations (preferred)
- Experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (preferred)
- Experience working in complex environments
As per company policy.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. The IFRC Country Office in Bangladesh has worked alongside the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) for more than 30 years in humanitarian fields including disaster management, with a focus on the cyclone early warning and response programme in the coastal belt, and disaster preparedness and response during natural disasters.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a full CV and cover letter outlining their suitability to the role to IFRCRecruitment.CXB@ifrc.org Please state your expected salary in your application.
Please note that this position will close on 11 December 2017. However, IFRC reserves the right to fill the role prior to the advertisement end date. As such, candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Category: NGO/Social Develop Category
Position Level: Mid
Employment Type:Full Time Job
Country : Bangladesh
District : Dhaka
Published: 28 Nov 2017 | Deadline: 11 Dec 2017
Age: Not Mentioned
Experience Required: 3 - 0 Years