- Create and document high-level and detailed network designs for the CRAN/Converged Commercial Networks, as well as for the augmentation of existing commercial networks
- Generate network configurations to support market augments and CRAN/Converged Commercial Networks designs
- Develop and implement routing architectures for the roll-out of Metro Ethernet products.
- Assist in the development and implementation planning for the roll out of future hardware and software versions of network devices.
- Take a lead role on assigned interdepartmental technical projects
- Provide last tier On-Call support, focused on isolating and resolving network outages
- Build relationships with assigned markets through regular communication and site visits
- Provide technical training to operational units on CRAN/Converged Commercial Networks technologies and features that are currently deployed in the network or will be in the future
- Work independently with little supervision while managing assigned projects and ensuring timely delivery of services
- Communicate applicable design guidelines and provide guidance to markets to ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- The equivalent in related work experience and self-study may be substituted.
- Junos, Cisco and/or Carrier Ethernet certification(s) preferred.
- Generally requires 7-10 years of related experiences
- 7-10 years experience focused on design and routing expertise, forecasting, and implementation of IP router based high-speed technology
- In-depth knowledge and working experience in layer 2 switching technologies, including VLAN tagging (IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1ad)
- In-depth knowledge and working experience in layer 3 routing protocols – RIPv2, OSPF or IS-IS, and BGP
- Specific knowledge of Cisco routers, especially the 7600, CRS-1, ASR9k,2900, 3600 series is preferred.
- Specific knowledge of Juniper routers and switches, especially the MX and EX series.
- Specific knowledge of Ciena Carrier Ethernet switching gear.
- In-depth knowledge of Carrier Ethernet, it’s associated technologies (L2VPN,VPLS,VPWS), testing and OAM (IEEE 802.1agRFC2544, Y.1731
- Knowledge and practical use of scripting languages a plus
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative to build relationships both internally and externally with minimal supervision/direction from management
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects as well as to lead small, directed projects.
The Computer Systems Analyst position will be responsible for infrastructure and routing design, network strategy, implementation, of the Converged Regional Area Network (CRAN)/Converged Commercial Networks. The Comcast CRAN combines the following services – data, voice, and video – onto a single converged infrastructure for the Commercial service offerings. The Commercial Network Engineer will also provide expertise in real time analysis and diagnosis of network problems, and configuration and operation of CRAN/Commercial service offerings, networks and devices.
<a href="https://www.fieldengineer.com/">Fieldengineer</a> is a perfect marketplace for freelancers and clients who are looking for someone to handle the duties of a field engineer. They can find a professional and qualified field engineer without having to go through a multitude of agencies. They will also get instant results and can be certain that the field engineer they get is not someone who would not be able to handle the job. FieldEngineer.com makes it easier for everyone involved.
Category: IT/Telecommunication Category
Position Level: Senior
Employment Type:Full Time Job
Country : United States
District : Others
Address : 77 Water Street,Suite 7000 New York, NY 10005 USA
9 Days, 17 Hours, 1 Mins, 32 Seconds Left
Published: 06 Feb 2018 | Deadline: 06 Mar 2018
Age: Not Mentioned
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years