Director, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government Republic of Bangladesh.
Audio-Visual Officer and Principal of Industrial Relations Training Institute (IRI).
Tel: 88-02-8350439 (office)
I was working in the Industrial Relations Institute (IRI) under the department of labor, Ministry of Labor & employment as principal for the last 5 years (2001-2006) and Audio-Visual Officer for 17 years (1985-2001). I have 22 years of service at my credit under this organization and for Bangladesh Television as Programme Producer & Floor Manager of News department for five years (1980-1985). As the principal of the Training Institute my main area of work was to lead and plan-programme of various training course as like as workers education training courses with labour laws, Industrial training courses, Family welfare training courses and reproductive health & Gender issues, HIV/AIDS and to deliver lecture to the trainees with AV Aids.
I was responsible for prepare and develop Audio-Visual training materials (i.e. films, videos, slides, flip-charts etc) and handle modern, sophisticated audio-visual equipment and multi media projector. I have successfully completed the APSDEP/ILO/JAPAN Fellowship Training Course on the Development and Management of Media Resource Centre/Audio-Visual unit. I am trained from Bangladesh National Broadcasting Academy on Television Programme Production & News production course and successfully completed the National Institute of Mass Communication’s training on Art of Presentation of Radio programmes and News Broadcasting. Trained from Bangladesh Public Administration Training Centre (BPATC) Savar, Dhaka on Training of Trainers (TOT) course. Programme conducting and news broadcasting from Radio Bangladesh for the last 20 years and associated with The Adventist World Radio-Asia since 05 years as an announcer and news broadcaster. To conduct all the opening and closing sessions of the training sessions of all the training courses, workshops, seminars, symposiums organized by ILO/M.O Labor/IRI. I am Lyrist of Bangladesh Television and Radio Bangladesh.
Arts Graduate, did my Masters from Dhaka University in 1979.
I am serving as Joint Director of Labour, Population & Family Welfare Unit Department of Labour, Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- I have successfully completed the Course Leadership, Team Work and Team Management in Peace Operations held during November 1–December 28, 2011 from United Nations Institute for Training and Research, Geneva.
- I have successfully finished the E-Learning Course on Intellectual Policy and Development, held during September 1 – October 21, 2011 from United Nations Institute for Training and Research, Geneva.
- I have successfully completed the training course on “Capacity Building for Government Officials on Population, Reproductive Health, Reproductive Rights and Gender Issues” held during 15 – 19 November 2009 from Department of Population Sciences, University of Dhaka in cooperation with UNFPA, Bangladesh.
- Served as Deputy Director (Communication, Information & Audio-Visual) in South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation SAARC Agriculture Centre for 3 years during 12-02-2006 to 11-02-2009.
- I have 25 years Govt. Service experience as Audio-Visual Officer and Principal of Industrial Relations Training Institute (IRI).
- I was Associate Producer of Bangladesh Television for 5 years.
- I am a broadcaster of Radio Bangladesh for 22 years.
- I am a Lyrist (Lyric Writer) as well as singer in both Radio and BTV.
- I have successfully completed Fellowship/Training from ‘Overseas Vocational Training Association (OVTA)’ Ciba, Japan on “Management & Development of Media Resource Centre- Audio-Visual unit”.
- Trained from Bangladesh Public Administration Centre (BPATC) Savar, Dhaka on “Training of Trainers” (ToT).
- Trained from Regional Public Administration Centre (RPATC) Rajshahi, Bangladesh on “Disaster Management”.
- To successfully presentation of a paper on “MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION FOR AGRICULTURAL DEVEALOPMENT” in the Conference on “International Media and Communication” organized by University Utata Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 14-17 June 2008.
Guest Speaker of Bangladesh Institute of Management (BIM), Dhaka, Dhaka Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Regional Public Administration Training Centre (RPATC), Dhaka, Sonali Bank Sttaf College, Agrani Bank Ltd, Janata Bank Ltd, NCC Bank Ltd Training Courses, Institute of Engineers Diploma in Bangladesh (IDEB), National Institute of Mass Communication, National Bank Training Institute, and Prothom Alojobs.com etc. - I have successfully completed 03 years professional job as Deputy Director (Communication, Information & Audio-Visual) with South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Agriculture Centre, Farmgate, Dhaka, Bangladesh since 12 February 2006 to 11 February 2009